Have you brought protein powder?
Many have, but sometimes after several days of the same flavoured protein shake having had many weeks earlier on drinking meal replacement shakes, yet another milkshake makes your stomach churn…Or you're simply bored of protein shakes or that particular flavour! Well, don’t fear, we’ve got 10 great ideas to help you get your protein and keep it interesting too!
(Note: you can split your scoop of protein up into different foods during the day and do not have to have it all in one go.)
Try these tips:
- Add a milkshake based protein powder e.g. Cyborg WPI Protein Powder it to water or milk (generally this is what is advised on the directions but make sure you use the amount of water or milk that it says to used otherwise it could be watery or too intense, you can always add more water if too intense or less if too watery).
Add an additional flavouring to it, some ideas include:
- Make on cold coffee water e.g. make with a chilled espresso or add coffee powder
- Add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg or mixed spice
- Add cacao or cocoa powder
- Add sugar free milk flavourings, some brands include Avalanche Sugar-Free Drinking Chocolate, Vitarium Du Choclate, Fanks Chocolate Milk Mix No Added Sugar, Ovaltine Sugar Free Chocolate Shake
- Add vanilla essence, extract or bean
- Add PB2 powdered peanut butter
- Blend it with ice for a frappe (may need a dash of milk or water to blend better), could add frozen fruit also.
- Make a smoothie out of it by adding it to a blender with a fruit, ice, chia seeds, psyllium husks, milk or water and even an additional flavouring e.g. cacao powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract or PB2 powdered peanut butter
- If having a meal replacement shake for a meal e.g. Optifast, KicStart etc., add ¼-½ scoop to boost protein content
- Mix ¼-½ scoop into plain or vanilla yoghurt or even custard
- Add ¼-½ scoop to breakfast cereal e.g. porridge, muesli or Weet-bix
- If you have a plain unflavoured protein powder, you can also add this to meals e.g. soups, casseroles, meatballs etc
- Add to protein balls or to replace some flour in baking. Can make certain recipes from it, try this protein Chocolate Fudge Brownie recipe
- Use a non-dairy fruit flavoured protein powder like a cordial in your water, try these products: Cyborg Zero Raspberry protein powder or Cyborg Ultra Leaan Fruit flavoured protein powders
Do you have any ideas of your own? We’d love to hear them! Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our entire protein supplement range here: Protein Supplements
Learn more about protein powder in our previous article: The Scoop on Protein Powder