Looking for a healthy snack idea that will help you boost your protein and fibre intake? Try these chocolate fudge brownie bites with added protein and fibre. The protein is boosted using the Cyborg BCAA WPI whey protein powder as this has 30g protein per scoop. You can purchase this on our shop by clicking here: Cyborg protein. Fibre is boosted using chia seeds, psyllium husks, dates and banana.
Makes 30 bites (have 1-2 as a snack)
- ¾ cup oat flour (traditional oats processed in a food processor to a powder)
- ½ cup almonds (ground into meal in food processor)
- ½ cup walnuts (ground into meal in food processor)
- 3 scoops Cyborg BCAA Enhanced WPI 100% Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate Honeycomb flavour (you can use any of the chocolate flavours e.g. Dutch Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut butter, Chocolate Raspberry or Chocolate Mint Crisp. You can also use the Banana Smoothie, Vanilla Ice cream, Iced Coffee or Salted Caramel flavours)
- ½ cup chia seeds (black or white or both)
- ¼ cup psyllium husks
- 1 cup dried dates (pitted / no seeds)
- 3 medium bananas
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut pieces
Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
- If you haven't already, place separately the oats and the nuts (almonds and walnuts) in a food processor (or thermomix) and process until they become a powder)
- Add all other ingredients in and process until completely combined. You may have to stop the processor a few times and mix the contents especially if they get stuck to the sides of the bowl.
- Spray a 20 x 20cm baking tray (about 6cm deep) with oil spray and then line with baking paper and spray the baking paper with oil spray.
- Evenly poor the mix into the lined tray and pat down with spatula so that the surface is even. Optional, you can sprinkle evenly 1 tablespoon chia seeds and ½ tablespoon desiccated coconut on top if desired.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. It should not bake until too firm otherwise it will become very dry, it firms up more as it cools. It should end up a bit fudgy. Remove from oven and carefully (don't burn your hands) remove from baking tray and peel the banking paper off (it can get a bit stuck to the paper so I removed it sooner than later). Allow to cool and cut into 30 pieces.
- Enjoy 1 or 2 bites as a healthy snack or dessert.
Each bite (if 30 made) will have:
- Kilojoules / calories: 425 / 100
- Protein: 6.2g
- Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Dietary fibre: 3.3g
- Calcium: 32mg